Monday, March 21, 2011

True Fitness The True Story

First thing first. Sales Consultant over at True Fitness is nothing close to what I did in IKEA. I consult people, they insult me (the exact word would be curse me as in using the F word). My first day wasn't actually a good one. I had to make calls, make calls and make more calls. Making 25 calls is fine, making 65 calls is expectable but making 190 calls is insane! Another requirement was to have a least made 6 appointment for the next day which is tomorrow. Out of that 190 calls I made, only one guy said 'Okay, See you on Saturday.' 1 out of 190 is nothing to be proud of. I end getting this phone tone in my head. Not sure how am I gonna survive another day as Sales Consultant. =(

On the bright side, the co-workers are friendly and cool. One guy in particular could be great example how lucrative this Sales Consultant job could be. His 26 or so. A few inches shorter than me. On his left hand, 3 gold rings. Not your ordinary simple rings. The rings most Indian tauke wears. On his right hand , the same thing. On his neck, two large chains. Gold chains. Driving a BMW 5 series. Pretty tempting. And that is how he comes to works every single day. The common thing in the office is almost everyone uses iPhone and has at least two set of phones. As usual, I felt left out. Not because of the gold rings or iPhones. It's because that how I am. It takes time for me to fit in and I hope I fit in real soon cause the General Manager is kinda PITA.

No comments: