Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where Am I?

it's been 20 years since im here,
now it feels like a stranger walking in a bar,
it used to be a malaysian thing here,
now im beginning to think whether im in
UN Refugee Camp or foreign nation,
Taman Sri Muda...
it used to be my 'hood' back then,
i knew most of the street like the back of my head,
now everywhere i turn seems to be alien to me,
faces i used to know seems nowhere near me,
all i see are south east asian immigrants,
this used to be a little heaven on earth,
now it the opposite,
police seems to replace the common folks in town,
road block here, road block there,
dont know whether to feel secured or caution,
my my my...
where in heaven am i...
as time pass by,
im beginning to doubt whether im the local or the immigrant...
hahaha!!
lets wait for another 20 years and watch what happen?
would these new 'local' ask for independence from the government
and form a new nation?
only god know...
what ever happens, im staying back
this is my place, my hood...
so where ever i am, this is my home

No comments: